Retinitis pigmentosa is basically a series of eye disability and conditions that attacks retina. As the retina comes in contact with light, the visibility becomes challenged. This condition become severe over the period of time, and eventually leads to very less vision just a little less than being completely blind. It is one genetically inherited disorder that runs in the family. The criticality may vary from person to person.
With gradually increasing severity comes in greater risk. And to overcome and slow down the process, various retinitis pigmentosa treatment in India and around the world are being suggested and thought of. Many medical associations along with their respective teams have come up with various different treatments depending on the form of the condition one is suffering from. Such revolutionary treatments are proving to be a ray of hope for the people who are suffering from retinitis pigmentosa.
- Heredity healing: This healing is also known as gene treatment or therapy. This method has proven success ratio and has shown promising results. This therapy is ideal for curing genetic disorder or inherited inability. This treatment involves genetic alteration of certain cells to create beneficial treatment. Before the treatment is done, few tests are conducted in order to gauge actual condition causing genetic disorder or inability. The entire process and treatment must be trusted with experts like us who has dedicated their entire knowledge base and experience to visual disorders and imparity.
- Artificial implants: This kind of treatment is well suited for patients who are suffering from severe and critical condition of retinitis pigmentosa. These are retinal implants and are of two types, sub retinal and epiretinal. The treatment is conducted through 16 electrodes to implant the retina. And this entire process is closely observed through video camera and by well-equipped and a team of highly qualified doctors.
- Visual transplantations: This treatment is basically subject to retina transplant. Such transplants are mainly performed in adults, however the success ratio of the implanted cells uniting and cooperating with existing visual cells system. Various other possibilities are also available in regards to transplantations; hence a knowledgeable doctor must be consulted.
- Vitamin wonder: A regular and prescribed intake of Vitamin A is believed to be very effective for the patients suffering from retinitis pigmentosa. However vitamin A intake has faced and surrounded by many debates discussing about the different dosage for patients suffering from different form of conditions. Also some have argued that under certain retinitis pigmentosa vitamin A is strictly prohibited.
- Protection against light: The people suffering from retinitis pigmentosa must stay away from bright light, sun rays etc and in case it is completely unavoidable they are advised to wear spectacle or sunglasses in darker shades to avoid the brightness and ultra violet rays to make the condition worse.
All the retinitis pigmentosa treatment in India and around the world suggested above must be wisely undergone and only a well-trained specialist must be reached out to.