According to the new market research report by IndustryARC titled “Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market: By Type (Thermoplastic, Thermosetting); By Applications (Automobile, Aviation,Defense, Marine, Others) – With Forecast 2018-2023”, the market is driven by the growing utilization of applications such as automobiles and wind energy.
Asia Pacific dominates the Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market during forecast period:
Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market with increasing adoption of CFRP in the automotive and aerospace industries due to its declining prices. China is the fastest growing region and is expected to reach $1.1 billion at 12.6% CAGR. This region accounts for a larger share of global wind energy production and has seen a rise in the wind energy capacity of installations. Hence, the CFRP market in China focuses on the wind energy industry.
In Americas, aerospace and the defense industry are the primary markets in the US. CFRP products are used in Blackhawk helicopters, helmets, body armor, and other military applications such as rocket motor casing, satellites, and missiles.
Selected Analysis done in the Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market Report:
Defense is the dominant application in the Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market due to large scale use of carbon fiber as well as use of high value materials. CFRP is used to manufacture specialty components for missile systems, radar panels, rocket motor casing, ballistics applications, and nuclear submarine propulsion systems. M80 Stileto is the largest naval vessel in the US, built using carbon-fiber composites. The materials used in military composites include Kevlar, fiberglass and carbon fiber. U.S. DOD aims to replace UH-60 Black Hawk with Bell Helicopter’s V-280 which incorporates carbon fibers in its wings, fuselage and tail. Other countries like Russia, India and Japan are increasingly using CFRP materials in Submarines, Jets, Sonar Domes and truck components.
U.S., Russia, U.K., India and China spend heavily on defense equipment and maintenance of army. The need for agility during sudden attacks and upgrading the defense technologies has led to the shift from conventional materials to fiber reinforced materials.
To access the full report click on the following link:
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors:
• Carbon fiber reinforced plastic is mostly utilized in myriad applications, despite the high price due to the performance factor. Industries such as aerospace and automobile have also utilized CFRP products in the recent past.
• Automobile manufacturers have increased their capability of producing lightweight materials by using CFRP composites.
• The Wind energy segment is expected to become an important sector for CFRP composites. The other industry verticals in the CFRP market have been seeing stagnant growth in developed economies. However, wind energy generation has been witnessing a high growth as it adheres to new energy regulations.
Key players of the Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Industry:
Teijin dominates the Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market followed by Toray and Cytec. Teijin produces advanced fibers such as aramid and Carbon fibers. The company is working hard to expand its business further. It has provided a breakthrough in medical solutions. Toray produces synthetic fibers such as nylon, polyester, and acrylic. PAN based CFRP is also produced by the company and is used in aerospace and other applications. Cytec produces technologically advanced materials for aerospace industries.
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Report Is Segmented As Below:
Robust growth rates in automobile and aerospace sectors drive the demand for the Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market in the coming years.
A. By Type of Services
1.1. Epoxy Resin
1.2. Polyester Resin
1.3. Vinyl Ester Resin
1.5. Polyimide Resins
2.1. Polyether Ether Ketone (Peek)
2.4. Acrylic Resins
2.5. Polyamide Resins
B. By Application
3. Aviation and Aerospace
6. Electrical & Electronic
8. Sports Equipment
9. Wind Energy
10. Civil Engineering
C. By Geography(covers 11+ countries)
D. By Entropy
Company Citied/ Interviewed
1. SGL CARBON SE (SGL GROUP)
2. TEIJIN LTD.
3. TORAY INDUSTRIES INC.
4. NIPPON CARBON CO. LTD.
5. MITSUBISHI RAYON CO. LTD.
6. FORMOSA PLASTICS CORPORATION
7. CYTEC SOLVAY GROUP
9. GKN AEROSPACE
10. HEXCEL CORPORATION
11. Company 11
12. Company 12
13. Company 13
14. Company 14+
A. FRP Rebar Market
B. FRP/GRP/GRE Pipe Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Report is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in application or end user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to [email protected] to discuss more about our consulting services.
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences &Healthcare.
IndustryARC primarily focuses on Cutting Edge Technologies and Newer Applications in a Market. Our Custom Research Services are designed to provide insights on the constant flux in the global supply-demand gap of markets. Our strong team of analysts enables us to meet the client research needs at a rapid speed, with a variety of options for your business.
We look forward to support the client to be able to better address their customer needs, stay ahead in the market, become the top competitor and get real-time recommendations on business strategies and deals. Contact us to find out how we can help you today.