What is Human Resource Management?
In simple words, human resource management is the management of human resources. It is the management of employees within an organization within the limits of the policies followed by the organization system. There is an independent HR department in companies which is responsible for the hiring, training and development of the employees. It also takes care of analyzing performance and appraisal, providing benefits and rewarding good employees. This in turn increases productivity of the concern.
What are the Functions of Human Resource Managers?
Human resource managers are the key players of the HR department. They manage the department as well as the company’s employees. They take care of planning, directing and coordinating the administrative functions of a company. They also take part in strategic planning in association with the top executives of the company. Following are the functions they are required to perform in an organization:
- The Human Resource Managers plan and coordinate the workforce of an organization so that there is maximum utilization of the talent and skills of the employees.
- They act as a bridge between the top management of the organization and the employees. They coordinate the communications between the two so that there is smooth functioning between the two.
- All the employee benefit programs are the responsibility of the HR managers. They plan and execute these programs in consent with the top management so that the employees can be retained.
- They act as consultants with the other managers of the company and guide them on the issues concerned with human resources such as equal opportunity of employment, sexual harassment, theft, strikes etc.
- They also coordinate and supervise the working of support staff and also the specialists employed in the company.
- The interviewing, selection, recruitment and hiring etc are managed by HR managers.
- Other staff issues such as disputes among employees, disputes among the management and the employees, departmental inquiries and directing disciplinary actions are also handled by HR Managers.
- Some other functions of HR managers are securing regulatory compliance, overseeing employee relations, administering employee-related services, and completion of allotted tasks to the workforce in time.
- Another function of the HR managers is the identification of new ways to maximize the value of the organization’s employees and utilization of their worth in the most efficient ways possible. They can redraw the organization’s staff structure in order to meet the budgetary constraints.
We at BookMyEssay offer best human resource assignment help to explore more about such topics. So, all the students of the stream can ask us for better understanding about human resource topics.