This article explains to you how the advanced PIM solutions can solve common issues related to your customers’ product data.
Every e-commerce solution provider’s duty is to help their clients evolve their businesses and spread out into new sales channels such as an online store and marketplaces. An integral element of this entire process is prepping and managing their present product data. Your clients’ success relies on their skill to draw and sell to new customers with rich and right product listings.
But, the clients provide you with their disorganized and wrong product data or their product data is not worth dealing with. It is very tough, time-consuming and pricey to easily clean out your clients’ data in groundwork for growth. With this post, we are going to discuss the widespread issues which you find while managing your clients’ product data through advanced PIM product information management solutions.
Unveiling the Right Solutions to Common Issues with Clients’ Product Data Management:
- Simultaneously Handling Several Excel Spreadsheets: Clients over and over again come to you with several Excel spreadsheets that are filled with product data which has to be imported into their new online store or marketplace account. And those spreadsheets always make use of different data formats, which keeps you stuck with two options- to continue managing each of these spreadsheets individually or manually join them into a single spreadsheet. Both options will consume a lot of time and will be next to impossible to update these sheets in the future. You need to make a master catalog of your entire product data and you must be able to do this through uploading your entire product data into a single place wherein you can easily manage it. The latest PIM solutions facilitate doing this through making use of a centralized location for your product data and have to just maintain one source of your entire product data. You can also easily import or export, clean and edit the entire data in one place. As it gets ready, you can publish its subsets, modified to the sales channel it is meant for.
- Custom Coding or Scripting: Sometimes your clients’ data is so bad that their end-point systems are unable to manage it without some severe changes and then you have to fix the data before your clients can correctly list their products. Therefore, you end up writing personalized code or scripts to alter and control the data to what your client requires. Your in-house team of web developers spends several hours to write the custom code which just cleans the data and do not deliver any value. Look for advanced data changing abilities which can convert your disorganized data into rich and functional product data. This can be done through PIM product information management systems such as concatenating several fields, creating formulas and expression language. You can combine multiple fields into one and create configurable or matrix products accurately. PIM technologies let you change data through configuring it, not through coding against it.
- Slow and Constant Product Data Cleaning: It might happen that your clients’ product data is not in a position wherein you have to write custom code and require a little extensive cleaning. You must make few small and manual changes such as removing non-text characters from the product descriptions, evaluating new prices or adding the prefixes to product descriptions. It is a tiresome work to normalize thousands of products, therefore mistakes will happen. The right PIM software enables you to make bulk edits to your product data within your centralized location prior to adding the data to your product data’s master catalog, which speeds up the process to make changes to your product data. By Pim systems, you can build workflows or standards which automatically do these everyday changes for your company upon import. Your clients will then no longer require a dedicated team for data cleaning and they will be able to run their business even more effectively.
- Accuracy of Product Information: It is a terrible feeling when you notice a product listed incorrectly on your clients’ website or marketplaces. It gets even worse when a loyal customer points it out to your client before you recognize it. These mistakes will be very costly for your client and they might blame you for this. You must have processes in the right places, which let you authenticate your product data before publishing it. Never publish the wrong data.
- Unable to Easily Group the Products: Clients create different products for several reasons, but creating these collections can be really tough. Using PIM systems to automate the process of building product collections saves you and your client’s precious time and efforts and helps you to efficiently manage the products. Clients can then easily publish more relevant product listings and enabling their customers has an improved online shopping experience. For automatically building collections, you must be able to create collections based on particular criteria, which removes the process to manually choose products. As you import the products, if they fulfill the defined criteria then, they will get automatically added to the saved collection and easily know and update these products to the right price. Your clients must never be restricted in how they desire to sell. Automation allows you proficiently create collections exactly the way you want them.
- Unable to Efficiently Personalize Data: Selling by multiple touchpoints is tough because every platform needs product listings in a different format. If the products are not listed properly then, the online store doesn’t perform really well. If this is your client, they’ll be asking you why they paid you for a solution that isn’t making them money. You need a right approach for building subsets of product data which are tailored to every platform, all right away from your master catalog. You must take advantage of the re-usable CSV templates to make this happen. You can create a CSV template for the necessary fields for a particular online platform. You can then map the fields through your master catalog to the CSV template’s fields. You can then again use this saved template every time you make and export product listings for an online sales platform. You will help your clients to promote quickly with complete and correct product listings.
So, get the best PIM product information management solutions integrated with your existing company systems that can help you solve the common issues related to your customers’ product data, as discussed above.
EnterWorks offers the best PIM Product information management solution which is extremely flexible, effective and dynamic enough to meet every enterprise’s product description needs.