If you have created a corporation or LLC previously then, you might be aware of specifying a registered agent for your LLC is mandatory, but what is it needed for exactly? So, let us just put it this way…! If somebody called you and ask, “Where can we send this lawsuit?” you would possibly dodge it or give them a wrong address. Identifying this fact, the legislatures of the different states smartly made it mandatory for each corporation or LLC to have a “Registered Agent”, an individual and place in a specific state wherein your lawsuits could be sent.
Having a professional registered agent for your LLC watching your back is the best option to opt for rather than losing your business to a few opportunistic lawyers. You require specifying your corporation or LLC’s registered agent while filing your “Articles of Formation”. Through hiring a lawful and professional agent can assist protecting your private and confidential information to appear online.
Let’s Explore the Key Factors to Consider Before Choosing Registered Agents for LLC:
- Lawful Operational Office: Your registered agent requires maintaining regular business hours as your lawsuit could be serviced at anytime amid 8am to 5pm, during weekdays. If your agent is not able being served then, possibly you can lose the lawsuit by default.
- Protect Private and Confidential Information: Your agent often makes use of their address as the directors and member or officer or managers’ addresses and this in turn give the much-needed privacy through protecting itinerant attorneys from appropriately identifying the persons behind the company which is “you” in an endeavour to connect them to the sent lawsuit.
- Compliance Management: This is no secret that being in business comes in a swerve of corporate filings from almost each bureaucratic body of the government and trust me that none of these filings are fun rather are really important to be looked after! A professional registered agent for LLC is fully acquainted with all such filings and ensures that you stay in compliance in the state(s) they embody your company in.
- Unlimited Mail Forwarding: Your business’s all legal paperwork would be sent straight to your registered office address which comprises mails from the federal and the state government and the tax files from the Internal Revenue Service. Ensure that your agent includes the unlimited forwarding of government mail in its service.
- Collecting and Managing Documents: With the evolvement of your business, you won’t really be concerned of keeping a track of essential paperwork like your Bylaws or Operating Agreement, state reports, Articles of Incorporation/Organization and company minutes. Your registered agent would keep the copies of each of them on-hand if ever you need them. This can turn out to be a saviour if you are opening a new bank account or on a business trip and you don’t have your corporate documents with you.
Today, the world is shrivelling and numerous businesses are finding it quite handy to go national for this you require a registered agent. Serving companies of all sizes and niches alike, there are some really reputed and professional registered agents for LLC in Texas that can help your organization in keeping track of all of your filings.