Integrated Circuits or ICs most commonly known as miniaturized electronic circuit, chip or a microchip is a set of electronic circuits on small plate of semiconductor material. These are mainly manufactured on the surface of thin semiconductor material and also consist of several passive components linked to substrate. This device is manufactured after the long term experimental discoveries and today considered as the phenomenal development in the semiconductor technology. Today, numbers of people from different industries Buy Integrated Circuits for the desired applications. It is used in nearly all kinds of electronic components that hold the great significance today such as phones, computers, microwaves, and so many digital appliances.
Before using them in any electronic project, it is essential to have a complete understanding about them. In this article, you will come to know the very fundamental knowledge of integrated circuits.
Integrated circuits are the main stone of modern electronics acting as the brain and heart of circuits. May be you have seen little black chips on almost every circuit board, but have you ever thought what are these. It is IC having a collection of over thousands of capacitors, resistors, diodes, transistors, and other electronic components bonded together to perform the effective functioning.
On the basis of intended applications, ICs are categorized in two terms namely- analog or linear and digital. Prior to investing the money in IC Online Shopping, it is necessary to first analyze your requirements and then choose the required one.
- ICs that operate over continuous range of signal i.e. both input and output signals are continuous are termed as analog integrated circuits. These are further divided into two subcategories- radio frequency ICs and linear ICs.
- Digital ICs operate only at a few defined levels rather than working over continuous series of single amplitude.
Advantages of Integrated Circuits
Many complex circuits that fabricated in single chip with own unique properties make ICs extremely advantageous. That’s the reason; integrated circuits become an indispensable part of human work and life. When compared to discrete circuit, ICs prove more beneficial in several terms like:
- Small size and less weight than discrete circuit
- Lesser power consumption and minimum loss
- Less production cost and time
- Higher operating speed
- More efficiency and better performance
- Need no external projections
- Great flexibility
- Minimum block-block interfacing hardware requirement
- High reliability
- Can be replaced easily from mother circuit
Disadvantages of Integrated Circuits
- Gets damaged easily due to overflow of the current through them
- Integration of transformers and inductors is not possible
- High-grade P-N-P cannot be assembled
- Producing the integrated circuit with less noise and gaining low temperature coefficient is not easy
- High value capacitors exceeding a value of 30pF are to be connected externally
ICs come in different flavors such as op amps, single-circuit logic gates, motor controllers, microprocessors, and more. This can be utilized for different applications as it functions in numbers of ways like as a computer memory, amplifier, timer, oscillator, microprocessor or counter. As it is a combination of an array of sophisticated circuits having better characteristics, ICs give brilliant functional performance.