Are you looking for dog kennels in Chapel Hill NC so you can leave your furry friend in the care of expert hands while you go on a trip? Whether you’re going off for a few days on business, have to attend to an out-of-town emergency, or simply want to go on vacation, it’s important to find a reliable dog kennel so you can have peace of mind knowing you’re your pet is safe. A boarding kennel will be in-charge of your precious pet while you are away—so it’s only right that you are picky when it comes to choosing one. Here are tips on finding the right kennel for your most loved dog:
- Go local: - It’s more practical to look for a high-quality kennel within your area, as it may be difficult for to transport and retrieve your dog if the kennel is located in a different city or state. You can visit several dog kennels in Chapel Hill NC to find out which one best suits your dog’s needs.
- Check the facility yourself: - Take time to inspect the surroundings and check it if your dog will adapt well to the kind of atmosphere provided by a prospective boarding kennel. There should be enough running space so your pet can get its exercise. Check if they provide a temperature-controlled environment so that your dog can stay comfortable no matter if it’s too cold or too hot outside.
- Get to know the staff: - Ask them how long they have been working with dogs. The best teams are composed of pet lovers who have years of experience in handling different sizes and breeds of dogs. They are truly concerned for the animals in their care and look after them as though they were their own.
- Ask them what happens during power outages: - Your preferred dog kennels in Chapel Hill NC should have backup generators in case of power outages. This can help guarantee that all the animals are well-monitored and observed even during these times. Ask them what their procedures or processes are should there be emergencies.
- Ask what they do for dogs who require medication: - The staff should be willing and able to administer medicines and special diets for dogs who require them. Some dog kennels in Chapel Hill NC offer this service free of charge.
About the Author:
This article was written by Thomas West, Vice President of Country Inn Kennel and Cattery. Country Inn Kennel and Cattery is a family owned and operated boarding kennel in Chapel Hill, NC. They offer boarding and grooming services for dogs and cats, throughout Chapel Hill and in neighboring towns. They also offer pick up and drop off service for dog grooming service holder.