SAP HANA, the latest ERP Solution from SAP and a combination of hardware and software, has the ability to perform real-time analytics and develop real-time applications. It is in fact the latest in-memory database, and platform which can be deployed on-premises or cloud. The SAP HANA online training provides you the ability to work on this platform and also teaches its integration with different components like SAP HANA Database, Sybase replication technology, SAP SLT Replication server, etc.
SAP HANA Database
The SAP HANA Database is a hybrid in-memory database and it forms the heart of SAP in-memory technology. In SAP HANA, Database table are of two types – Row Store and Column Store.
SAP HANA Platform
SAP HANA Platform is a development platform having an in-memory data store which allows the user to execute real-time analysis of a huge amount of data. This platform also provides infrastructure and tools required for building a high-performance application based on SAP HANA Extended Application Services.
SAP HANA Edition
The following are the different editions of SAP HANA:
- SAP HANA Base Edition: The Base Edition of SAP HANA provides core database tools and features. However, this edition does not support SAP application.
- SAP HANA Platform Edition: The Platform Edition of SAP HANA provides core database technology. It incorporates software components like SAP HANA Database, SAP HANA Studio, SAP HANA Advanced Data Processing, etc.
- SAP HANA Enterprise Edition: It consists of all the features of the Platform Edition along with some additional bundled components, the SAP Data Services and SAP Landscape Transformation replication server. Customers who don’t have the necessary license for SAP Business Objects Data Services, but want to use trigger-based or ETL-based replication, this edition is for them.
- SAP HANA Enterprise Extended Edition: It contains data provisioning (Sybase) features in addition to the features of the Enterprise edition. The users who wish to utilize all of the available replication scenarios to its full potential, the Extended edition is developed for them.
SAP HANA Advantages
Below here are given a few main advantages of implementing SAP HANA:
- SAP HANA offers real-time data provisioning and applications can be developed and deployed in real-time.
- Huge volumes of data can be processed easily and quickly using SAP HANA.
- SAP HANA can access structured and unstructured data from SAP or Non-SAP data source.
- Speed of information processing such as planning, forecasting, pricing, offers is increased.
- Costs are reduced through simplifications in hardware, maintenance and testing.
Now, knowing about all the important terminologies related to SAP HANA, you can now enroll in an SAP HANA training online to establish a successful career in HANA database.