For the individuals involved with the designing of mechanical, electrical, or plumbing projects, the understanding of Autodesk Revit MEP can be very useful. The Revit MEP training is considered beneficial for such individuals as it provides a complete overview of this software. This article presents certain important things whose knowledge can help you in working with this software.
About Revit MEP
Revit MEP is a building information model (BIM) software designed by Autodesk to aid the professionals involved in MEP designing. It addresses the professionals serving the three disciplines of engineering, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing and hence the name MEP.
The application of Revit MEP allows complex building frameworks to be precisely planned and designed in a short span of time. The complete model of a building system is stored in a single database which allows changes made to be reflected easily in the whole model. Thus, it enhances the workflow of Revit MEP users.
Advantages of using Revit MEP
With the use of Revit MEP, the modelers can design a building and its components in 3D and can also access building information from the building model database. People who work in the mechanical, electrical, or civil or structural fields will find numerous advantages of using Revit MEP. The BIM work process offered by Revit MEP maximizes profitability by speeding projects from designs to completion with a single design change. Autodesk Revit MEP offers numerous different tools and elements for improving efficiency, such as, Autodesk 360 Integration, Building Performance Analysis, Construction Documentation, Pressure and Flow Calculations, Pressure Loss Reports, Parametric Components, etc.
Revit MEP Online Training and its Benefits
To make a career in the field of modeling and designing, one must take a step ahead and learn new skills by joining Revit MEP online training. This training is considered important for Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Drafters and Modelers. Upon successful completion of this training, the learner will be able to:
- Understand Revit MEP key concepts and user interface
- Use the Building Information Modeling (BIM) solution for creating 3D parametric models
- Create building layout to design the walls, doors and windows in the 3D model
- Work with mechanical and electrical systems
- Set up project information and energy analysis
- Execute plumbing and pipe settings with both manual and semi-automatic approach
- Maintain construction documentation, align with schedules and tags, and handle printing and publishing
- Work on different views such as elevation, schedule, sheet, and drafting
- Working with column grids and structural layout covering floors, stairs, railings, ramps, elevators and shafts.
- Edit, create, customize and build Families