STAAD (or STAAD.Pro) stands for Structural Analysis and Design. STAAD.Pro is basically a computer program, which was initially developed by Research Engineers International at Yorba Linda, CA in 1997. However, Research Engineers International was acquired by Bentley Systems in the later part of 2005.
STAAD.Pro is today, undoubtedly the most used software in the civil engineering field. This software is very much different and advanced than the other well-known software in this field, namely AutoCAD. AutoCAD permits a user to work only on 2 dimensions, and that too in some detail. On the other hand, STAAD.Pro enables the user to work on 3D or three-dimensional models in meticulous detail. Primarily, STAAD.Pro substantially brings down your manual calculation and time.
To help you better appreciate the value of STAAD.Pro, we have listed below the key benefits of using this software:
- Provides a faster method of designing robust structures
- Works with virtually all types of materials for designing like concrete, steel, aluminium, etc.
- Does not involve any manual calculation
- Shows result for a number of reinforcements used longitudinally, shear reinforcement
- Facilitates making modifications in structure, section, dimensions, and so
- Structures could be designed to support many different types of loads, viz. live load, dead load, wind load, snow load, area load, floor load, etc.
- You can create a variety of designs ranging from a simple beam to sky scrapers and analyze how it will behave at a given load
- Pro designer is free to import designs from AutoCAD to Staad
- Though it performs many complex functions, the STAAD.Pro software is not that difficult to learn
Today, the STAAD.Pro software is being used extensively in multiple applications in the construction industry. It is being widely used in analyzing and designing structures such as bridges, buildings, towers, transportation, industrial and many other utility structures. These designs may incorporate the use of culverts, tunnels, bridges, piles, and other vital design elements in building modern structures. The building materials used in such structures could be steel, cold-formed steel, concrete, timber, and aluminum, among others.
The increasing use of STAAD.Pro has resulted in a corresponding increase in the demand for qualified and knowledgeable STAAD.Pro professionals such as designers, architects, and engineers. This field offers many exciting job opportunities and a lucrative career to the true aspirants.
Whether you are a full-time student, looking for a career in the structural designing field, or a professional, who is already working in the construction field and seeking career growth, you should opt for STAAD Pro online training. When you learn STAAD Pro online, you enjoy unmatched flexibility in terms of deciding the place, time, and pace of your study. Moreover, you will get access to many additional online resources that will provide you with an enriching learning experience.
Multisoft Virtual Academy is an established online training organization that offers industry-standard training in multiple in-demand domains for students and professionals. You may obtain the STAAD Pro training online from this institution to get the best results. You may know in detail about the STAAD.Pro® V8i Online Training Course conducted by Multisoft, by visiting www.multisoftvirtualacademy.com/cad-cam-cae/staad-pro-online-training.
About the Author: Vivek Gupta is a Content Writer at Multisoft Virtual Academy. He regularly writes articles and blog posts on the topics like professional training, education, and certification courses. He is a versatile writer, conversant with multiple types of writing. He holds a rich work experience and has written content for various industries such as health, education, finance, law, travel, and IT services, among others.