Fancy being a chartered accountant? Well, you need to do your research and be aware of the available options concerning accountancy institutes, required degree, eligibility criteria, etc.to be able to take informed career decisions.
ACCA, or The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, headquartered in London, is a professional accountancy body with a carefully thought-out curriculum that is aligned with preparing students to meet the demands of the profession. It aims at moulding them to be at par with not just the professional requirements in India, but also makes them attuned to live up to international standards.
Equivalent to CA in India, the ACCA course is renowned for its global acceptance in the fields of finance, management and accountancy.With an experience of over 100 years, it offers a global exposure in chartered accountancy, banking and finance-related professions. It creates a wide scope in roles as varied as Business Analysis, Audit, Corporate Financial Reporting, Legal Governance, International Taxation and Credit Control, amongst others.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
The required qualifications to be eligible for ACCA are:
- Suitable for undergraduates, graduates and working professionals
- Eligible for students who have completed All India Senior School Certificate, Senior Secondary School Examination, Pre-University Education and Intermediate Public Examination, though eligibility varies with nationality
- A minimum score of 65% in two subjects – English, and Mathematics or Accounts, and a minimum of 50% in all other subjects to pursue graduation inACCA
- A minimum of 50% in a Bachelor’s Degree (B.Com, BMS, BBA, etc.) or a Master’s Degree from a University or have equivalent qualifications
- Pursuing graduation in any one of these commerce courses – B.Com, BBA, BMS, etc.
- Take the direct route by starting a career in Chartered Accountancy and then clear the 4 required papers to acquire ACCA certification
- Clear the 3 papers from Foundation in Accountancy and then take the ACCA course from F4 level
ACCA Course DetailsRegarding Examinations
Here is some more information for you to gain further clarity on the course:
- Examinations are organised 4 times in a year in March, June, September and December, but candidates can appear for the papers from F1 to F4 online only at ACCA’s Authorised Computer-based Exam Centres
- Mostof the examinations span for about 2 to 3 hours
- Most of the examinations consist of both Multiple Choice Questions and Multi-Task Questions
Criteria for Acquiring the Practical Certificate
What else do you need to get your ACCA Practical Certificate? Here’s an overview:
- 3 years relevant work experience in addition to completion of the examinations mentioned above and the Ethics module
- Meeting certain other performance objectives laid down by ACCA like possessing the vital knowledge of 13 Theory Papers
The prospects of careers in banking and finance will never be challenged because businesses across industries will always require competent professionals for seamless financial management. The wide scope of a career in this field also indicates a high demand. So, the big question is – how do you differentiate yourself in a career where the competition is immense? Opt for an internationally-accredited ACCA course and take your career to new heights.