The power of technology has made life more comfortable and convenient, even when it comes to stair lifts. People don’t normally talk about getting older and the challenges akin to it. And when challenges are discussed, there is quite a number of matters to consider. One of the challenges old people face nowadays is limited movement. Old people are also at risk of falling down from the stairs. This is why safety at home should be a priority.
One way to establish security for old people at home is using vertical lifts. However, there may be a dilemma whether to use a straight lift or a curved lift. Straight stair liftsLexington Kymay be cheaper or a curved stair lift may be more convenient. If you are unsure of what to use, here are important points on the difference between a straight stair lift and a curved stair lift.
Straight Stair Lifts
Straight stair lifts are the most common type of lift recommended at home. They are perfect for stairs that have no turn, landing, or bend. Moreover, they can be easily installed in just a few hours’ time. Some of the advantages of using a straight stair lift such asstraight stair lifts Louisville Ky are the following:
- It is cost-effective. Starting from a small amount of money, you can already ensure the safety of the old people at home.
- Installing it is convenient and attainable. It can be installed by engineers without causing many interruptions to everybody.
- With a straight stair lift, you can give your loved ones the freedom to move around independently at home. With this, they won’t need the assistance of other people when going up and down the stairs.
- It ensures your loved ones’ safety.
Straight stair liftsare only recommendedfor ordinary stairs at home and not for long stairs with bends or landing.
Curved Stair Lifts
If your stairway has bends and landing, it is advisable to use a curved stair lift. The balustrade of a curved stairlift is tailored for the bends of curved stairs. Some of the advantages of using a curved stair lift are the following:
- It can travel around corners. Curved stair lifts are customized for spiral staircases and quarter landing, making it convenient to go up and down the stairs.
- Users do not need to transfer from one lift to another. Curved stair lifts are perfect for long or curved stairways, so users can travel without worry.
However, there are also some disadvantages in using a curved stair lift. Some of these disadvantages are the following:
- It is costly. Using this lift should be customized for it to be applicable to the style of your staircase.
- It takes time to install. Since engineers have to consider the structure of your home and the stairway, installing a curved stair lift is time-consuming.
Old age may make it impossible to move around the house, but with stair lifts, going up and down from the second floor to the base will make it easier. Whatever you choose, it is important to consider the structure and design of the house as well as the budget you are willing to allocate. Whether you choosestraight stair liftsCincinnati or curved stair lifts, the choice is always yours to make.
Find more information relating to straight stair lifts lexington ky, and straight stair lifts louisville ky here.