Pregnancy termination refers to voluntary ending of unwanted pregnancy. When it is performed appropriately following the proper medical guidelines within a safe period of time, it is one of the safest methods. Nevertheless, a risk of infection is always there. This risk is intensified by various factors. In few cases infections may increase after the procedure. Pelvic inflammatory disease is one of the most serious complications. As a result, it is essential to pay attention for the signs of such infections and visit a physician as early as you start noticing them.
A pregnancy may be unwanted for several reasons. Medical science now offers a number of perfectly safe ways to abort such unwanted pregnancies. People buy abortion pill online to induce pregnancy termination. Majority of the countries have now allowed the procedure. Therefore, the rate of abortion has also increased. Now-a-days, around 50 million abortions are performed each year. The global rate of abortion is 28 per 1000 females. With appropriate techniques and qualified medical personnel, termination of pregnancy is one of the safest processes.
Things that should be known regarding pregnancy termination:
Prior to taking place to the infections which may develop, how to identify them and shun them, below are some important things to know about abortion:
- Using non-medical or traditional methods of abortion can grow the related risks a number of times.
- You can conceive and deliver a baby in the normal way after having a pregnancy termination with MTP Kit. In real fact, the risk of becoming pregnant right away after an abortion is quite high.
- Some bleeding is regular after an abortion. This can continue for a few days up to a fortnight.
- Regular periods resumes after about 6 weeks.
- Menstrual periods like cramping and pain is also normal during the post abortion bleeding.
Infections which may develop after a pregnancy termination:
In 95% of the cases, no complications expand after a pregnancy termination. As per the WHO reports, 68000 females die each year from complications of risky abortions while 7 deaths were reported in 2005 in USA from legal abortions.
Below are some risk factors that increase the chances of infection:
- The self-induced pregnancy termination was not carried out appropriately.
- It was conducted in a traditional way and not through abortion kit.
- After the abortion, you have used certain devices internally such as tampon or douche.
- You were in an advanced stage of pregnancy, however still you went ahead with the process.
- You have a pre- existing condition of sexual disease like chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.
- Some sort of infection affects your womb.
In the presence of one or more of the above conditions, you may get an infection after a pregnancy termination. Some of the complications that develop after a termination are as follows:
- Excessive bleeding or hemorrhage may take place in one out of 1000 abortions. You can take the prescribed medicines in order to stop your bleeding.
- Germs may come into the uterus from your vagina or the devices used, resulting into pelvic inflammatory infection. You should not insert anything inside vagina until 4 weeks after an abortion in order to avoid infections.