Are you the one looking to fix the unidentified network error on Windows 10, after updating the Windows 10 with the latest update or updating with the Anniversary or Creators update then this article is for you? Here check out the complete fixes to resolve Windows 10 network error.
Windows 10 is known for its great features and improvements but like other Windows OS this is also not free from errors. Many Windows 10 users are found reporting about various issues and errors.
One of the common issue faced by the user is the connectivity problem, users are not able to connect to the internet.
Well, this is the common problem but very irritating. So today here in this article I am going to describe how to fix unidentified network – no network access problem.
How to Resolve Unidentified Network Problem in Windows 10:
There is no any exact solution to repair the unidentified network problem in Windows but there are some possible fixes that will help you to troubleshoot the network connectivity issue.
Solution 1: Turn off the Airplane mode
Windows 10 supports the Airplane mode, and if the airplane mode is enabled then this also causes the network connectivity issue. So check whether the Airplane mode is enabled then turn it off.
Here follow the steps to do so:
- First hit Windows + A to open Action Center.
- Check, if Airplane mode is ON then change it to
Solution 2: Update the Network Card Drivers
It is found that the outdated network card driver also causes the issue. So, update them
Here follow the steps to do so:
- First right-click Start button > open Device Manager.
- After that locate Network Adapters > right click on the drivers to update it
Solution 3: Diagnose the Network
Try diagnosing the network, hope this will help you to fix the network connectivity issue
Follow the steps given:
- Click on the Start button > then go to Network Connections.
- And right-click on current network connection (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) > click Diagnose to start an automatic troubleshooter.
Hope doing this will help you to fix unidentified network connectivity issue in Windows 10.
Solution 4: Manually Add IP Address
Well, if none of the above given solution help you to fix no network connection issue in Windows 10 then try manually adding the IP address.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Launch the Open Network and Sharing Center > right click the Ethernet or Wireless Network Connection icon > Properties.
- And highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Then click the Properties button > choose Use the following DNS server address.
- Next add IP address manually 220.127.116.11 to the Preferred DNS server and 18.104.22.168 to the Alternate DNS server.
- Hit Win + X > select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now type ipconfig /release > Enter and type in ipconfig /renew to obtain a new one.
So, by manually adding the IP address, users are able to fix the unidentified connection error on Windows 10.
Solution 5: Reset the Network Settings
This is a working solution that helps the users to fix the issues with connecting to the internet. Well, this is an easy process and users can easily reset the network settings by following the given following ways.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open Modem Settings > Network & Internet > Status
- Now scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Network reset button and click confirm
- Enter the given commands to reset the TCP/IP settings through command line:
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- Moreover, you can reset the DNS cache by entering the given command
- ipconfig /flushdns
So, in this way you can reset the network settings in Windows 10 and fix the unidentified network settings issue.
Solution 6: Check the TCP/IP Settings
Hope after following the above given solutions you are able to fix the unidentified network settings error on Windows 10. But in case still struggling with the slow internet or no internet issue then it is recommended check the TCP/IP settings.
As the error can be due to the problems in the operation of the DHCP server on the router (its task is to distribute IP addresses), so restart the router.
- First go to Control panel and try disabling and then enabling the Ethernet connection
- Now check the current IP address (ipconfig). If this starts with 169.254, this means that computer is not able to get IP address from the DHCP server.
- Possibly the issue is in IP settings for the IPv4 protocol in the properties of Internet connection. However, if some static parameters are already setting, it is quite possible they are set incorrect. Then try to set automatic obtain of IP or set static settings (if connected through router or provider gives static IP.)
- Then go to the Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections and right click on your network connection > select Properties
- Now choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > choose Properties.
- Next, another window will open; here you can set the necessary IP settings for this connection. However, if you have already set some parameters, then try to set Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically (you can also specify Google DNS server IP address – 22.214.171.124).
- You need to remember the settings(take screenshot)
- And save the changes and reboot your Windows system.
Hope this works for you to fix the no network error on Windows 10 but if not then return the earlier specified settings.
Sometimes due to some kind of internal errors or issues users are unable to solve the error manually so in this case it is recommended to make use of the automatic Windows Repair Tool, to fix various Windows PC/laptop easily
So, this is all about the Unidentified Network error on Windows 10. Hope the given fixes help you to resolve the no network error on Windows 10 and you are able to connect to the network easily.
I tried my best to put together the possible working solutions to fix the unidentified network connection in Windows 10.
Try the given fixes one by one and check which one works for you to fix no network connection in Windows 10.