In a world where information and performance can be measured, new technology enables business processes to deliver exactly what is expected out of them. In a particular organization there are multiple departments which are interconnected and it is important to align all the processes so that there is no miscommunication or misunderstanding between the responsible personnel when it comes to management or monitoring of resources. It is time consuming when there is no coordination in an organization which can lead to losses in business. To avoid these issues, organizations use Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) softwares to simplify processes across various departments.
Business software giant SAP specializes in ERP solutions which are offered as Platform as a Service (PaaS) to each and every business which virtually covers every aspect of business management. SAP ERP solution takes care of company’s requirements and inventory to meet future demands. Organizations no longer need to invest in additional hardware or software to meet their unexpected demands. These solutions are scalable and fulfill an organization’s needs. The solution takes a lot of load off for departments because they can constantly adapt to new and changing requirements while increasing their productivity with these solutions.
SAP now offers SAP Cloud Platform which offers enterprises with core platform services, in-memory capabilities and unique business services to build and extend customized mobile-enabled cloud applications. SAP Cloud Platform enables an organization to build an application more suited to their needs and run it on their choice of cloud service with complete flexibility and top application performance.
These are some of the problems businesses face when they don’t use an ERP system:
- Redundant Data – There is abundance of data generated in an organization by each and every department. It gets critical for every responsible person to maintain and keep the data safe. By using an ERP system, the chances of duplication of data are eliminated.
- Inaccurate Inventory Information – Multiple enterprises use similar softwares but is most of these the inventory is not integrated with manufacturing and sales. This does not help the business since manufacturing doesn’t match with the demand in sales or the lack of it.
- Poor Reports – Due to inability in producing a proper report, businesses suffer from lack of complete reporting with cross department data which affects decision making.
- Zero Customer Retention – Departments are not properly interconnected and their lack of awareness results in loss of customers because they were not able to react faster to customers’ needs.
- Maintaining Separate Systems – An organization makes use of various systems in order to maintain their data in excel sheets, desktop applications or homegrown solutions. They do not make use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software which becomes a tedious job for them to sort out the irrelevant data.
There are various modules in SAP ERP used by organizations. SAP ERP system is divided into 2 modules which are:
These modules are further divided based on departments which make use ERP system
Functional Module includes:
- SAP Module FI (Financial Accounting)
- SAP Module CO (Controlling)
- SAP Module SD (Sales and Distribution)
- SAP Module HR (Human Resources)
- SAP Module PP (Production Planning)
- SAP Module MM (Materials Management)
- SAP Module QM (Quality Management)
- SAP Module PM (Plant Maintenance)
- SAP Module PS (Project Systems)
- SAP Module Supply Chain Management (SCM
Technical Module Includes:
- ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming)
- IS (Information Systems) Management
- XI (Exchange Infrastructure
- SAP Basis
- SAP BI (Business Intelligence)
- BIW (Business Information Warehousing)
- SAP HANA