Choosing affordable web hosting services does not mean settling for web hosting solutions that are cheap. You will find hosting solutions to be affordable when they suit your budget and requirements. Without quality web hosting solutions, you cannot expect to showcase your products and services to a target audience. The web hosting service will give you the necessary server space, bandwidth for data transfer, memory and power to host your products online. Web hosting plans are also of different types and you are expected to choose one which benefits your business goals. So, you can choose from shared hosting, dedicated server hosting, VPS hosting or reseller hosting plans.
How to buy affordable web hosting services:
• When you are just starting out and must run on a tight budget, you should ideally choose shared hosting plans which are the most affordable amongst all hosting options. Shared hosting is perfect for small businesses or those launching personal websites and blogging sites that are not likely to get a huge amount of online traffic. However, when your site begins to grow and you find that the resources you are getting through shared hosting plans are not enough to handle the steadily increasing web traffic, you should upgrade to VPS hosting plans. The latter are slightly costlier than shared hosting but allow you to enjoy nearly all the advantages of dedicated hosting minus the high costs. For ecommerce sites which receive a lot of Internet traffic, dedicated hosting is the best solution because it guarantees greater reliability, scalability, better security and technical support.
• When you choose affordable web hosting services, you must make sure that your bandwidth limits are not compromised. Bandwidth basically refers to the data transfer rate and you will find that most web hosting service providers will offer unlimited bandwidth to their customers. It is recommended that you check for their uptime guarantees before signing on the dotted line. You can also read through reviews about the provider prior to making a final decision.
• While you may feel happy about having chosen affordable web hosting services, you must ensure that it allows you to add domains. Most web hosts will let their clients set up multiple domains in a single account; these are then called add-on domains.
• When you choose Linux hosting plans, you can save money. This is because Linux is an open source operating system and there are no licensing fees involved. In comparison, the Windows hosting solutions are costlier. However, if you run applications like ASP or ASP.NET, you may have to stick to Windows hosting services because these applications will run in a Windows-only environment.
• Finally, in your efforts to get affordable web hosting services, you should not opt for unmanaged hosting unless you have a capable and experienced IT team. When you choose managed hosting, the responsibilities of maintaining and securing the servers rest with the host entirely. But in unmanaged hosting which is cheaper, you will be responsible for troubleshooting all server-related issues. If you are not confident about your IT staff, maybe it is not a good idea to choose unmanaged hosting.