UPSC has always remained as one of the toughest competitive exams to crack through for every student. The students approach to coaching for acquiring good guidance from faculty for the preparation of UPSC exams. A few students with brilliant minds choose to self-study and often take guidance from online coaching.
It always has been a debate for students and parents, which coaching is the best for UPSC preparation, either offline or online. We have seen coaching classes full of students, but it doesn’t mean that offline classes are not in demand. Both, the classes have their pros and cons.
Whatever the study mode you choose for, either online or offline, it is clear that you are the one that needs to focus and work hard for UPSC exams. These coaching can provide guidance, but none of it guarantees for securing a rank in the exam. It’s all depends on your determination and hard work.
Comparison between online and offline classes
Well, there is no fixed bottom line that offline or online, which coaching is better than other. When we came across students from UPSC classes in Nagpur and had a group discussion on it, we found every student has its own different views.
- Offline coaching consumes extra hours in travelling required to attend the classes. Online coaching has time flexibility. It is a class with convenience. Nowadays, several online coaching avails the service for 24/7. It makes easier for the students and the candidates who are preparing as well doing part-time jobs. As per their convenience, the students can clear their doubts with online experts. In offline coaching classes, the expert faculty is not present in odd hours.
- Study materials are the key tool for success in UPSC exams. The students from UPSC classes in Nagpur reveal the secrets that the study pattern and syllabus of UPSC exams keep changing. And, thus the students should check the study materials before taking admission in coaching. While in online coaching, there are no such issues of outdated notes. Undoubtedly, notes are important, but if the students are unaware of the outdated notes, it may be a disadvantage for them.
- The notes required to update as the study pattern and the syllabus changes. Updating the online study materials is done in short duration or instantly. But, the same updating in offline mode takes a long time.
- Self-study is must even after joining the offline coaching classes. But, it has been noticed that after spending hours in travelling and coaching classes, the students are left with no stamina for self-study. And, thus they are majorly depended on preparation done in coaching. In online study resources, the students develop a habit of self-study and inculcate self-study technique in them. It helps the students to design their study strategy.
- In offline coaching, a group of students study together in the same class. The students rarely get any personal attention. Often, their doubts also remain unsolved due to time shortage. Nowadays, these classes are seen flooded with 40/50 students in one batch. The students don’t get a chance to work on their weaknesses and strengths.
- There are many students who don’t understand in one shot. They need to repeat the lessons. But, in offline classes, it is rarely possible. The faculty chooses to complete the course timely and, thus they need to cover the chapter as per the designed schedule. While in online classes, it’s only one student studying. He/she can repeat the chapters as per his/her convenience.
- In online study mode, the students need to gauge their preparations as there is no supervisor to mark their performance. They need to be attentive and loyal to them for their regular studies. The students attending offline coaching are always under the supervisor. They need to give the regular test series and practice the sample papers under the guidance of experts. Students preferring the online method to study, need to solve sample papers and prepare them timely on own.
Online classes offer to coach through video lectures from experts in the field. These online faculties are well-educated and experienced. In offline modes also teachers are educated, but often they are fresher and not as much experienced