WHAT SHOULD TENANTS WATCH OUT BEFORE FINALISING A RENTAL HOUSE
While tenants have numerous options for renting properties in Delhi-NCR, the process is often not so simple due to different factors. Prospective tenants should prepare a checklist and consider the following factors, before arriving at a final decision:
- Commuting distance and time, especially traffic.
- Public transport network even if you are dependent on your car, for last mile connectivity.
- Occupancy in the society you choose to live in.
- Safety and security in your neighborhood.
- Availability of basic amenities in the area.
- Paperwork to be done, including studying of rights of tenants and landlords.
Check the rent agreement format and make sure you are not paying an annual rent for a benami property.