Are you hoping to make a quick buck? Understand how to sell pre-owned clothes online and find a neat way to supplement your income. Thanks to the emergence of several second-hand clothing stores on the internet, this is now possible. Dreams can now be fulfilled as those who were hoping to buy the designer out they were eyeing can now dole out the cash required.
There are consignment stores that offer branded pre-owned fashion so you can sport the latest trends at a fraction of the original retail price. It’s a win-win scenario for both, the sellers as well as the buyers.
If you have some pre-owned clothes that are still in good condition and hope to sell it to a consignment store, then you need to understand how to sell pre-owned clothes online and follow some guidelines.
This is one of the major parameters that you need to keep in mind when you decide to sell second-hand garments to a consignment store. How is the quality control check? An online thrift store usually has its own individual parameters but most of them have the same criteria that need to be met to pass the quality check.
- Authenticity: The garments need to be 100% authentic. Fake or replicas will be rejected.
- Visual check: The clothing is screened for any visible stains, tears, holes, missing labels of brand, marks and so forth.
- Categories: The clothes need to be in approved category list so that they may be accepted
- Age guidelines: Every consignment store has its own policies but usually clothing older than 2 years is rejected.
- Damaged/ Altered/ Discoloration/ Loss of shape/ Unclean: If the garment is defective, altered in any way, there is loss of original color or original shape of outfit, and if it is unclean or unwashed then the garment will be rejected.
One of the parameters that you need to consider when learning how to sell used clothes online is the packing instructions. Be sure to pack the clothes in a cloth bag sturdy enough to make it through a standard logistic procedure. Do include a note of the list of the clothes that are being sent and seal the bag tightly.
This is an extremely important guideline that you need to be aware of when learning how to sell second hand clothes online. The price is decided based on the brand of the clothes, its existing condition, its trend factor and whether the garment is in-season or out-of-season. For instance, a dress of a luxurious brand that is gently worn but well maintained and in vogue would command a higher rate as compared to the dress from a high-end label that is almost new but not in fashion.
These are some guidelines you need to keep in mind when you decide to sell preowned clothes to an online second-hand clothing store. If you follow them correctly, then making a quick buck regularly will be very easy.