Just like our PC’s and systems, printers are a vital part of the day-to-day operations of many businesses. Canon is an official brand of all printers around the world. Users who are utilizing the printers are well-known with the feature offered to them. This is the reason why printer problems send Canon users and employees in a panic. While printer issues are frustrating, getting them on Windows 10 is even more annoying. Sometimes Canon printer fails to connect with Windows 10, and this brings difficulties in the functioning of the performance. These problems might be typical but are easily resolvable. Here are few instructions which the user can follow while troubleshooting there Canon printer before contacting the Canon support number.
Troubleshooting Canon Printer Issues with Windows 10:
To Fix Canon Printer Problems with Windows 10 the user has to follow each step mentioned below. The steps involved in the troubleshooting are:
Step1: Verify that the Printer is Connected Correctly
Examine the power:
Be sure that the printer’s electrical wire is plugged into an electrical socket and has the power switch and it should be turned on. If the user is printing to a shared printer or a printer on a network, verify that all essential systems and routers are switched on. If the user’s printer or other apparatus is plugged into a protector or a backup power supply, see that the protector or power supply is plugged in and switched on.
Examine the wires:
Verify that the printer’s USB wire is correctly connected from the printer to the PC.
See the wireless connection.
- See that the printer’s wireless option is switched on and available. Many printers have a code that describes a blue wireless icon when a wireless connection option for the printer is available.
- Run the printer’s wireless connectivity test. Most of the printers have a menu choice to test the printer’s wireless connectivity.
Step2: Control the printing Troubleshooter:
Download and manage the printing troubleshooter. It can troubleshoot problems with installing and connecting to a printer. There would be a link on the website. If the link doesn’t start the troubleshooter, choose the search box on the taskbar, write printing problem, select the search result labelled Help from Microsoft, and then choose the troubleshooter to download it.
Step3: Upgrading the Printer’s Device:
To upgrade the printer’s device, the user can follow any of the three steps mentioned below:
Utilize the Windows update:
- Tap and hold the start button, then choose device manager. The user might be demanded an admin password or to confirm the choice.
- Open the printers, find the printer which the user is using in the list, tap and hold and then choose update driver.
- Choose search automatically for updated driver software.
Install software from the printer operator:
If the printer came with a disc, that disc might include software that installs a driver for the printer.
Download and install the driver itself:
- Tap and hold the start button, then choose device manager. The user might be asked for an admin password or to confirm the choice.
- Expand Printers, find the printer in the list, tap and hold it, and then choose update driver.
Choose to browse my computer option for driver software, navigate to the location where the downloaded the driver software, and then choose Next. The user might be asked for an admin password or to confirm the choice.
Step4: Reset the Spoiler and Clear it:
- In the search box option on the taskbar, enter services, then choose the search result of the same name.
- In the Services list, tap print spooler option
- Choose stop and then tap ok
- In the search box option on the taskbar, enter %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers, choose the file in the search outcomes, and then delete all folders.
- Open services option again.
- In the services list, tap print spooler.
- Choose start, and in the Startup type list, verify that automatic is chosen, and then choose OK.
If the user is still facing issues with their Canon printer, then they can contact that the Canon customer service number for a detailed version of the solution and the help which they are seeking for.