Laptop is an integral part of our lives these days. Before buying a laptop we must consider our objectives of buying our laptop in order to consider buying a new or second hand laptops.
Before buying a used laptop it is important to data wipe for laptops. Reselling or donating computers also make one scary since important files may get lost or privacy get leaked due to either action thus makes it important to data wipe for laptops. Learning a few simple precautionary steps can help one become knowledgeable in buying a laptops that won’t break down immediately.
Tips in buying a second hand laptops
Purchase refurbished laptop instead of used – if possible
A refurbished laptop is one that has been repaired and maintained, often bought back to brand new- quality. A used laptop has not been touched at all. Thus refurbished laptop is examined and maintained. Used computer are recycling innovation in them. Reuse laptops benefited not just the consumer but society at large.
Purchase from a reputable dealer
When you buy a used or refurbished, it is better to buy from a reputable source so as to neglect the later problems. Purchasing a laptop from someone who is knowledgeable with the computers, they will know a quality of the device better than someone who knows very little.
Inspect the laptops for damage before purchasing
- Examine the laptop screen -while laptop is on – to make sure there is no damage to the screen. Whether if certain areas are discolored or washed out.
- Test input ports – USB connections, headphone and microphone jacks, power cord inputs, etc to make sure they are working correctly.
Check laptop’s Battery life
Check if laptop’s battery cord and port is working in good condition. Whether battery can hold a large charge, this is the most important thing to consider while buying a laptop. This is one of the major issues in buyer’s mind while buying second hand laptop.
Check Bundled software programs
While buying a second hand laptop are mostly reformatted and reset to factory conditions before they are sold. It may mean that it arrives without any useful programs or drivers. It is always better to ask the seller which software program comes with the laptop if it is not clearly mentioned.
Purchase with warranty
Try to purchase a laptop which comes with at least 30-day warranty. It is better to clear all the things beforehand so that you need not to regret the deal later. Also, before selling a second hand laptop it is necessary to data wipe for laptops. The only way to really wipe it requires a bit of effort. It requires following steps:
- Back Up: The very first step is to back up any files you want to keep. Your important data, files etc that you want you can store in any other secondary device to create a backup for your data.
- Save Software: The second step is to save all your software in serial number. If you wish to install any of them in another computer, you will need that information.
- Download: all necessary drivers and reinstall windows.
Second hand laptops for sale are definitely boon to all the users across the globe with e-waste problem being faced. Often many of these old computers are fully functioning condition and are more than capable of satisfying needs of the average computer user.