Hotmail, one of the best e=mail service providers in all across the world, is used to maintain a formal and informal communication amongst friends, family and colleagues. And, as it has now become an important tool of communications, users find it difficult, in case, they are stuck with issues. In most cases, the issues that are associated with Hotmail are related to password recovery. If by chance, you forgot Hotmail password, you would not be able to access your account, until you have recovered it.
In this article, we would discuss about various ways through which you can recover and reset Hotmail password. Here, we have come up with two different conditions, and accordingly we have enlisted the steps. While the first condition is of resetting Hotmail password when you have a phone number connected to it, and the other condition is when you don’t have the phone number linked to your Hotmail account. So, take a look:
Hotmail Password Reset: With Phone Number
Just in case, if you want to recover Hotmail forgot password, you need to remember that you have a phone number linked to the Hotmail account. And, once you are sure about it, you are required to follow the steps that are related the reset and recovery of the Hotmail password. Have a quick glance at the steps below:
- Open outlook app on your mobile phone.
- Enter your E-mail address.
- Tap “Forget password” option. It appears right below the password box at the bottom screen.
- Enter the verification code which you see in the text box.
(Verification code includes the characters that you see in the code box, it may consist of numbers, alphabets or both)
- Tap new and next for the new code
Account recovery option
- Enter your registered phone number; a one-time security number would be sent via text message to verify your identity.
- Enter your registered E-mail address, check inbox – a mail with security code would have been sent to verify your identity. If you don’t have it, enter “I don’t have any of these” and tap the Next button. A backup email address would be asked to enter with other instructions.
- Tap “send code,” by doing this a security number would be delivered to your E-mail address or phone number.
- Enter the recovery code.
- You would be redirected to a page in which you would be entering a new password. Tap next.
- When you tap next, it will take you back to the sign-in page where now you can sign-in into the account with your new password.
Hotmail Password Reset: Without Phone Number
Now, just in case, if you want to reset the Hotmail password or recover it, but you don’t have the phone number, it might be a little troublesome for you to recover the password. However, there is always a second option, especially in the technical world. So, here are the steps that would help you to recover the Hotmail password, in case you forgot.
- Go to “outlook.com” login screen
- Click on “can’t access your account?” which you would see right below the sign in box
- A box would appear stating “why are you having trouble signing in” with three options.
- I forgot my password.
- I know my password but can’t sign in.
- I think someone else is using my account..
Select the first option “I forgot my password”
- A page would appear asking you about your email address for which you want to recover the password. Enter your Hotmail email address.
- After you enter your email address, you have to enter the characters which would be seen right below the “Microsoft account” box.
- Verification of identity via –
- E-mail address
- Phone number
Enter your registered phone number, a one-time security number would be sent via text message to verify your identity.
Enter your registered E-mail address, check inbox – a mail with security code would have been sent to verify your identity
- If you don’t have both, then click “I don’t use these anymore” and you would be redirected to a page where various another step would verify your identity. Enter your e-mail address again and select the correct answers. These may include:
- Date of birth
- The answer to your security questions ( e.g. – your first school)
- Subject line to email ECT.
- Click on submit once you are done.
- A link would be mailed to you asking to create a new password.
- Enter the new password and then log in again
Hotmail forgot password
Now, if you want more options to reset the forgotten password for the Hotmail account, you are supposed to contact the experts as soon as possible. You can quickly connect with them by dialing the phone number for Hotmail help. You can get the official Hotmail password reset support number from Contactforhelp. As soon as you dial here, your issue would get quickly resolved.