Al Ain is known as a quiet and peaceful destination in Abu Dhabi. Though it has a slow paced life with few restaurants and bars, it has ample greenery and fresh air for those who enjoy a completely relaxed holiday. There are plenty of leisure activities options in Al Ain. Furthermore, choosing a car rental in Al Ain is the best way to explore this small town. Al Ain, being the birthplace of Abu Dhabi’s ruling Al Nahyan family, has been able to restore its historical importance. It is also known as the Garden City for showcasing beautiful gardens and greenery all around.
Things to Do and Places to See in Al Ain
- Al Ain Zoo – This zoo is home to a range of exotic animals such as zebras, giraffes rhinoceroses and the rare white lions of Sambona. Visitors also get a chance to explore regional wildlife in this zoo and see the gazelle and the Oryx. One can also book a special giraffe feeding session while visiting the zoo. There is also a petting zoo where your kids can interact with sheep, goats and ponies. There are new born animals such as mongooses, flamingos, giraffe calfs and lion cubs to add to the attraction. Always keep a check on the website as there are constant posts of visiting new born at the zoo.
- Al Ain Wadi Adventure – This park exhibits the longest man made white water channel in the world. Tickets to this adventure park also include a professional guide. Man made surfing pool with artificial waves, a climbing wall, a zip line, a 14 m falling swing, a kayaking and high ropes course are the famous attractions in the wadi.
- Hili Fun City – This place is getting famous for its stomach-churning, adrenaline pumping rides and loads of other exciting attractions which include a mini-train that can take you around the entire park. This park is also home to a safari car ride, the bumper cars, and a place where you can hire bikes for the race tracks.
- Shaikh Zayed Palace Museum – Also known as the Al Ain Palace Museum, it is located within the palace of the former president of the UAE. Built in the year 1937 on the western side of the Al Ain Oasis, this museum allows visitors to view some of the man rooms within the palace. It also comes with an enthralling art gallery. Here, you can also visit the replica of the grand court tent which highlights the connection of this region with the Bedouin way of life. Benefits of Renting a Car in Al Ain With so many options for things to do in the town of Al Ain, one can simply hire a car and explore the lanes, streets, nearby locations and the popular restaurants and eateries.
Here is why renting a car in Al Ain is a practical option-
- Travel in Groups : By renting a car, you can easily travel with a large group of friends and extended family. This is the best place to spend some quality time with your loved ones. Renting a car serves as the best opportunity for a get-together. Travelling in groups proves to be quite reasonable as there are a number of options to rent 9-15 passenger vans.
- Hassle Free Travel : With rental services, break downs are not a worry. One can get the car replaced by the company or avail roadside assistance in case of a breakdown. With access to toll free numbers, the rental agency is at your service, should you experience any trouble during your journey.
- Multiple Car Options : A rental service can have multiple car options with GPS systems and other attractive accessories. It is advisable to hire a car that is well equipped with these tools, especially if you are travelling to the city for the first time. Furthermore most reputed companies will offer to you a variety of reliable and well maintained models in the form of SUVs, hatchbacks and sedans, depending on your personal driving skills and transportation needs. If you wish to explore the magnificent sand dunes of the region, make it a point to book yourself a reliable 4 wheel drive.
- Freedom : There is a certain charm in your personal car rental. Drive wherever you want and whenever you want. It gives you lot of flexibility to travel and change plans as per your convenience. With no need to rely on public transport or expensive private taxis, travellers who rent a car can vacationing around Al Ain and other parts of the UAE at their own pace. Renting a car in Al Ain is the best way to explore the city and spend some quality time with your loved ones.